When it comes to preparing for the MCAT it's not just about how much time you study. Instead it's all about having an effective strategy and matching plan that fits YOUR personal schedule and needs. But most importantly your strategy must have regular milestones and built-in checkpoints to ensure that you are progressing as required to reach your goal.
And when you get off track, you must be able to quickly identify why you are not progressing so that you can adjust, pivot, and reassess on a regular basis.
Need help coming up with a personalized strategy?
How it works:
In order to create a custom plan, I need to understand exactly where you are and what you're trying to accomplish. This begins with a pre-strategy questionnaire that allows me to get inside your head. The questions will help me to understand your history and experience, where you are right now, as well as your MCAT goals and study requirements.
Next is the 2-part video chat via GoToMeeting (online meeting screen-sharing program)
Video Chat Part 1:
Our first chat will be about laying the groundwork and creating your initial plan.
- Discuss your current standing, progress to date along with study ability and personal strengths/weaknesses.
- Evaluate your goals including target score and timeline.
- Create a custom daily/weekly study plan that fits YOUR schedule to maximize progress and minimize burnout.
- Outline a realistic long-term plan including goals and full lengths.
- Create regular checkpoints and progress milestones to keep you on track.
- Discuss a detailed plan with specific accomplishments in time for chat #2
Video Chat Part #2
The second video chat will be slightly shorter; 30-50 minutes. We'll evaluate your progress and finalize the tail end of your schedule. Part 2 will be determined by your overall timeline. If you're testing sooner we'll meet again in a matter of weeks. If testing much later we'll meet in 2-3 months when you have reached significant planned milestones.
- Review the initial schedule and plan.
- Make updates and changes as needed.
- Redo the study calendar if your schedule has changed, for example new semester or new work hours.
- Draw out a detailed backwards calendar noting specific practice exam dates and practice passage goals.
- Create a new set of milestones and full length score checkpoints to minimize any surprises as you get closer to your test date.
Book your 2-part strategy session for a one-time payment of $499
Once paid I will email you to set up our session.
Need more than JUST Strategy
The strategy session is a good starting point for students who can self motivate and stay accountable to a schedule. However, for regular accountability, guidance and ‘hand-holding' throughout the entire process, come join the MCAT Study Hall which INCLUDES a strategy session (Comprehensive Level) and so much more.
Full Study Hall Details here: MCAT Study Hall